PuN is really a FuN

• PuN is really a FuN

Hi , dear fellows |e ….How is it ..going ???
      Hope fine ..!!!

Now this time we got U a nice thing about English Language. It’s called “ A Pun” .

A pun is "the humorous use of a word, or of words which are formed or sounded alike but have different meanings, in such a way as to play on two or more of the possible applications; a play on words."

PuN is really a FuN …!!!!

A small boy swallowed some coins and was taken to a hospital. When his grandmother telephoned to ask how he was a nurse said 'No change yet'.

*·When a clock is hungry it goes back four seconds.

*· The headlines nobody likes are wrinkles. |y

*· Teachers' hands are usually chalk-full.

*· Using fingers to count is a digital calculator :D

*· Math teachers have lots of problems $$t

Hey Guys ..come on ..share us your $$e
      ّ||| الفـرسـان لخدمات الحاسب الالي ||| ّ
      --الخــوير--
    • Thanks dear brother this interesting topic. Ok now, before i share the ones i have with you. I thought that we need to define a Pun in a little bit more detail

What is a pun? The following information is from the Pun FAQtory. In Italian, 'puntiglio' means "a fine point," hence a verbal quibble, and is most likely the source of the English "punctilious."

A pun is defined by Webster as "the humorous use of a word, or of words which are formed or sounded alike but have different meanings, in such a way as to play on two or more of the possible applications; a play on words."

Why do people groan when a pun is told? A pun is often considered obvious humor, since the person relating it is merely balancing the humor in it on a twist of a word's meaning or sound. Children love this type of obvious humor and can laugh at it without reproachments. Adults, on the other hand, are more likely to have a twinge of envy, and "why didn't I think of that?". It is this envy in adults that subconciously causes them to groan upon hearing a pun. As time goes on, it can only be hoped that we adults will eventually learn to react more like a child and less like a groan-up!

There are different types of puns. Homographic puns make use of multiple meanings from a single spelling (e.g., "pen" for writing instrument or animal enclosure). These are also referred to as "antanaclasis". Homophonic puns use like sounds but with different spellings and meanings. This is also referred to as polyptoton. Examples of homophones are scent and sent, jeans and genes, waive and wave, and buy and bye.

What is it that makes a good pun? Here are the recommended ingredients: quick setup (brevity is important), no proper names (listener might not recognize the name), familiar references, a pointed revelation (you should see the spark in the listeners' eyes as they 'get it'), and finally, maximum wordplay throughout.
    • Am back, this time with a few puns to share with you

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana

Show me a piano falling down a mineshaft and I'll show you Aflat minor

Atheism is a non-prophet organization

If you don't pay your exorcist you get repossessed

A chicken crossing the road is poultry in motion

It was an emotional wedding. Even the cake was in tiers

The short fortune-teller who escaped from prison was a small medium at large

A boiled egg in the morning is hard to beat

It wasn't school John disliked it was just the principal of it

I'll be back soon with some more, |eMy regards