i will told you how to Format and Reinstall Windows ME
Things you will need:
1. Your Windows ME installation CD. You will need a full version copy of Windows ME or an upgrade version of Windows ME + a previous version of windows 9X for use as qualifying software.
2. A Windows ME start up disk (also known as boot disk). If you don't have one create one with the instructions below or download one from bootdisk.com.
Creating a Windows ME Startup Disk:
1. Insert a blank 3.5 disk into your floppy drive.
2. Open Add/Remove Programs properties in Control Panel.
3. Click the Startup Disk tab, and then click Create Disk.
4. Follow the instructions on the screen.
3. Valid Windows ME product key. This can be found on back of the plastic case your windows CD came in. If you cant locate the case or key you can find it in the registry, be sure to Write it down after you locate it.
Locate windows product key in the registry:
1. Click start/run/type in regedit and click OK.
2. Select edit then find from the menu.
3. Type in Product Key. Once the search stops you should see it on the right.
1. Insert your startup floppy & your Windows ME CD, Restart the computer.
2. Choose option 2 "start windows with CD-ROM support" when prompted.
3. Take note of your CD-ROM's drive letter. It will be displayed in the text on the screen. "Your CD-ROM driver letter is _"
4. At the A:\prompt type in format C: and press enter.
5. Choose YES when asked to proceed with format by pressing the letter Y and then pressing enter. Format will run.
6. After format is complete Enter a volume label then press enter or just press enter for none. An A:\ prompt will appear.
7. At the A:\prompt type in E:\setup and press enter. Change the letter E in my example to your CD-ROM's drive letter.
8. Press enter to continue so windows can run some tests. A blue screen should appear. Press the letter X to exit and begin installation.