• Try to work out the answers to the following problems. You can then either post your answers or keep them to yourself, till i post the correct answers....soon, giving everyone time to give it a
      try..Good luck to you all#i:D

1. why can’ t a person living in Muscat be buried in Salalah

2. Some months have 30 days and some have 31. How many months have 28 days

3. How many children does a man have if he has ten sons and each son has a sister

4. An Air France Boeing 747 crashes on the border between France and Belgium. On board are 150 French people and 200 Belgians. Where are the survivors buried – in France or in Belgium

5. I am a woman. If Sally’s daughter is my daughter’s mother, what relationship am I to Sally
      a) her grandmother
      b) her mother
      c) her daughter
      d) her aunt

6. what was the highest mountain on Earth before Mount Everest was discovered

7. If you had only one match and entered a dark room containing an oil lamp, a newspaper and some kindling wood, what would you light first

8. A farmer had 17 sheep. All but 9 died. How many did he have left

9. Write this down as one number: 15 thousand, 15 hundred and 15

10. Mrs Taylor’s bungalow is decorated entirely in pink. Her lamps, walls, carpets and ceilings are all pink. What colour are her stairs

11. Take three apples from five apples. How many do you have

12. If Mr Wright’s peacock laid an egg in Mr Blake’s garden, who is the rightful owner of the egg

13. What do you sit on, sleep on, and brush your teeth with

14. How many times can you take 4 from 33

15. A man left his hotel and walked towards the car park. Without the benefit of moonlight or any artificial light, he was able to spot his black car 100 metres away. How was this possible

16. Which is correct: ‘Nine and Seven is Fifteen’ or ‘Nine and Seven are Fifteen

17. If a woman was born in Italy, raised in Australia, married a Scotsman, lived in England then died in Italy, what is she

• WoW $$t let me try

in the name of God" bismilahi ara7mani elra7eem".... i start,,,,

1. 'cause he is still living

2. only one that is February

3. 20

4. neither 'cause they all survived

5. b

6. Everest is the highest mountain ever been discovered until now |y

7. either or..... i would probably pick the oil lamp though

8. 9

9. 15000,1500,15
      or 151515

10. pink

11. 8

12. neither

13. couldn't figure out what that is
      probably the prepositions on,on and with :confused:

14. 8

15. it was the only car parked in that parking lot i guess

16. neither is correct

17. she is dead #e

hei you know what.... really these puzzels felt like a test.... yet i enjoyed them so much.... can't wait to know how well i did |e

so long and thnx
    • am back again, this time with the answers. Obviously not many liked the idea of posting their answers, apart from one. Anyway i really hope that everyone has enjoyed going through the questions. As endurance was the only one to post her answers, i can say that she did really well. #d

Here are the answers

1.coz he is alive

2. All months have 28 days

3. 11, coz they are ten sons and one sister who is the sister of each son

4. Nowhere, coz they are alive. This is why they are called survivors

5. Her daughter

6. Mount Everest! It has always been there

7. You would light the match first, then you can light any of the others

8. Nine

9. 151515

10. She doesn’t have stairs

11. 3 apples

12. None of them, as the peacock is a male bird who doesn’t lay eggs

13. Chair, bed and tooth brush

14. Once

15. It was in the morning (daytime)

16. None, as nine and seven make sixteen not fifteen

17. Dead
    • Test Your Lgic 2

endurance, as you liked the first set of questions, i would be more than pleased to post another set:D

|aHere they are, and good luck to you all

1. Cathy has six pairs of black gloves and six pairs of brown gloves in her drawer. In complete darkness, how many gloves must she take from the drawer in order to be sure to get a pair that match? Think carefully!!

2. Mom, Dad, and 2 kids have come to a river, and they find a boat. It is small and can only carry one adult or 2 kids at a time. Both kids are good rowers, but how can the whole family reach the other side of the river?

3. Why can't you take a picture of a Indian woman with hair curlers?

4. What is the largest possible number you can write using only 2 digits - just 2 digits, nothing else?

5. Because cigars cannot be entirely smoked, a hobo who collects cigar butts can make a cigar to smoke out of every 5 butts that he finds. Today, he has collected 25 cigar butts. How many cigars will he be able to smoke?

6. Jenn is facetious. She is also abstemious. She gets pneumonia. Given those clues, what is the only American tree she will like?

7. How many birth days does the average man have?

8. Someone at a party introduces you to your mother's only sister's husband's sister in law. He has no brothers. What do you call this lady?

9. Which weighs more, a pound of feathers or a pound of gold?

10. Two planes take off at the same exact moment. They are flying across the Atlantic. One leaves New York and is flying to Paris at 500 miles per hour. The other leaves Paris and is flying to New York at only 450 miles per hour ( because of a strong head wind ). Which one will be closer to Paris when they meet?

11. A carpenter was in a terrible hurry. He had to work as quickly as possible to cut a very heavy 10 foot plank into 10 equal sections. If it takes 1 minute per cut, how long will it take him to get the 10 equal pieces?

12. Why are 1898 silver dollars worth more than 1897 silver dollars?

13. What English word can have 4 of its 5 letters removed and still retain it's original pronunciation?

14. Johnny's mother had three children. The first child was named April. The second child was named May. What was the third child's name?

15. In your sock drawer, you have a ratio of 5 pairs of blue socks, 4 pairs of brown socks, and 6 pairs of black socks. In complete darkness, how many socks would you need to pull out to get a matching pair of the same color?

16. How can a woman living in New Jersey, legally marry 3 men, without ever getting a divorce, be widowed, or becoming legally separated?

17. A woman goes into a hardware store to buy something for her house. When asked the price, the clerk replies, "the price of one is twelve cents, the price of forty-four is twenty-four cents, and the price a hundred and forty-four is thirty-six cents. What does the woman want to buy?
    • $$t

this time the puzzels are more complicated (tougher) but i'll still give 'em a try #i

buddy i have a small request here: could you split the puzzels into smaller sets........ i mean make them like 5- 6 per set.... 'cuz you know it's a bit time consumming:P o'right!!! :D

gotta go studdy..... catch you on later with my answers |e

have fun everyone $$e
    • i think that you are right, endurance, the set of questions are long as well as being hard. So, i shall shorten the next set, , if god's will. Anyway, as this set is already posted, i hope that you all have a go at them wishing you all the best of luck. i should be back soon with the answers:D
    • Answers: Test Your Logic 2

|eHere are the answers for the second set of logic questions

1. 13. She could possibly take out 6 black left hand gloves and then 6 brown left hand gloves, the next one would have to be either the right hand or left hand match.

2. The kids row across. One comes back. An adult goes over, and the kid comes back. Both kids row across again, and one comes back. The other adult rows across and the kid comes back. Both kids row across again.

3. You can't take a picture with hair curlers you need a camera!

4. 99, this is 9x9x9x9x9x9x9x9x9 or 387,420,489.

5. Six, he makes 5 originals from the 25 butts he found, and after
      he smokes them he has 5 butts left for another cigar.

6. The Sequoia. She only likes words with all 5 vowels in them. The Sequoia is the only American tree that contains all 5 vowels.

7. One, he may have many Birthdays, but only one birth day!

8. Mother, or Mom, or whatever you call your maternal relative.

9. The answer is actually feathers.

10. They will both be the same distance from Paris when they meet!!

11. ,Nine minutes. It only takes 9 cuts to get 10 equal sections.

12. $1,898.00 is one more silver dollar than $1,897.00

13. aitch - take away the aitc and you are left with "h".

14. It has to be Johnny. He's the third child!

15. Four. If you don't agree, try it yourself!

16. It's her job, she's a Justice of the Peace or a Minister.

17. House numbers.
    • dear sister
      i guess i was inpatient, where i should have waited a little bit longer. its just that i thought that no one remebers the questions, so i might as well post the answers. Anyway, i will post a new set of questions soon. This time not many, i know that you all have other work to do. Also, good luck in your studies |e#dand work hard
    • Thanks for the correction

endurance, thanks for your correction, this way i wont make this mistake again, at least i hope|a,. i will post the new set of questions soon and this time i will try not to loose my patience. infact, i promise to wait untill someone posts some answers, till |ethen
    • Test Your Logic 3

Here is the third set of questions, hope everyone enjoys tackling |ethem and good luck to you all

1. A snail is at the bottom of a well and wants to get out. He manages to crawl up the wall 3 feet each day, but at night he must rest ( after all that work during the day ) and so he slips back down 2 feet. If the well is thirty feet deep, How long will it take him to get out

2. On a shelf in the library, there is a 3 book set of almanacs labeled volume 1, volume 2 and volume 3. Each book is 2 1/2 inches thick, the pages being 2 inches thick and each cover is 1/4 inch thick. A bookworm starts eating it's way from the 1 st page of volume 1 and stops at the last page of volume 3. How far did the bookworm travel

3. An Old friend of the family left $666,666 to 2 fathers and 2 sons to be split equally. After careful consideration they each happily received $222,222. Why and how was this possible

4. If a snail crawls halfway around a circle then turns around and crawls halfway back, is it now back where it started

5. What day of the year has 25 hours in it
    • Wow............it looks that I miss manythings in this topic$$-e
      When did u wrote master:eek:the number of the visitors is
      very much but the partcipation includes u and Endurance:D

ok let me try|a

1-30 days
      2- 4\1\7
      3-there should be one father in the family not 2 so they r three and they get the money equality each one of them $222,222

5- thaere isn't anyday have 25 hours

I hope that some of my answers r correct coz i know that not all of them might be correct$$-e

See u all
    • Answers to test your logic 3

Well i guess only you Miss Spoon would be interested in knowing the answers. I have to say, that you've made a good attempt at these questions. Maybe you'll do better next time

Well here are the answers

1. twenty-eight days.....the snail averages 1 foot each day, so after 27 days he has reached 27 feet. On the 28th day he crawls up 3 feet during the day, but since he is now at 30 feet and out of the well he no longer slips back 2 feet.

2. 3 inches.....you must visualize that when the books are on the shelf with the binders facing you that the right side of volume 1 is where page 1 is and the left side of volume 3 is the last page of volume 3. This being the case, the worm only eats through the cover of volume 1 ( 1/4 inch ), all of volume 2 ( 2 1/2 inches ), and only the cover of volume 3 ( 1/4 inch ) for a total of 3 inches.

3. Although it seems there are four people, there are only 3. They encompass 3 generations...a grandfather, his son ( who is also a father), and his son. Thus there are 2 fathers and 2 sons, but only 3 people to split the money!

4. No, it crawls halfway around the circle, but halfway back is only 1/4 of the return trip ( half of a half ).

5. Daylight savings time when the clocks are turned forward one hour. Of course, this only takes place where daylight savings time is observed.
    • Test Your Logic 4

Here are some more questions

A. Can you tell what we are: Half of Four of us are Two of us, Twice Two of us are Six of us, Twice Eight of us are Ten of us, and Twice Five of us are Eight of us?

B. A man and his son are driving home from a basketball game when they have a terrible accident. The man is taken to the emergency room for treatment and the boy is taken straight to the operating table. The surgeon comes over to the operating table, sees the boy and says " I can't operate on this patient, he's my son! How can this be

C. What belongs to you, but is mostly used by others

D. You are attending a party with some friends when one of them states that there is something in the room that everyone can touch with either of their hands, but you can only touch it with your left hand. What is it

E. Two Japanese who have never seen each other meet at the New York Japanese Embassy. They decide to have drinks together in a nearby bar. One of them is the father of the other one's son. How is this possible
    • Thanks, alwasan, for your attempt to answer these questions. I actually forgot that i did not post the answers for this last set of questions. I'll see if i can dig out the answers as soon as possible. Anyway, it would be great if would join us in the 'lateral thinking contest' and try to answer the questions posted there|e