nursing

تمر دردشة الساحة الخاصة بالمتصفح والموبايل بفترة صيانة دورية هذا ونعتذر للجميع على الإنقطاع المؤقت بإمكانكم المشاركة في المنتدى لحين عودتها :)

• Conclusion

In this assignment I have examined given by the following three
      Virginia Henderson (1952, 1966)
      Dorothea Orem (1980)
      Martha E. Rogers (1984)

The unique function of the nurse is to assist the individual, sick or well, in the performance of those activities contributing to health or its recovery (or to a peaceful death) that he would perform unaided if he had the necessary strength, will or knowledge. And to do this in such a way as to help him gain independence as rapidly as possible.

Nursing is concerned with the individuals need for self-care action, which is the practice of activities that individuals initiate and perform on their own behalf in maintaining life, health and well being.

Dorothea Orem (1980)

Nursing is an art and science that is humanistic and humanitarian and directed toward the unitary human and is concerned with the nature and direction of human development.

Martha E. Rogers (1984)

Introduction
      Since the 1950s, some nursing leaders have been primarily concerned about providing explicit definition of nursing, whereas others have examined, challenged and defended nursings standing as a profession. There is evidence that from an early date the word profession was associated with nursing. Strauss (1966) gives as an example a magazine article entitled A New Profession for Women that appeared in 1882. Strauss also refers to writings of Lizabeth Price, published in 1892, in which nursing was discussed as a profession.

Nursing today has become an important aspect of medical science all over the world. It is gradually developing as a separate branch of learning in academic institutions of the civil world. However, very few people are aware that the Holy Prophet of Islam was the first to lay the foundation of nursing and to formulate the principles for visiting patients, and consoling and praying for them. The fundamental principles of nursing are by and large based on the facts contained in the teachings of the prophet. Authoritative traditions are replete with instructions on how the sick members of the society should be treated.

However, the above information in general about nursing, in this report I am talk about three-definition pf nursing, there are:

Dorothea Orem (1980)

Martha E. Rogers (1984)

Nursing is concerned with the individuals need for self-care action, which is the practice of activities that individuals initiate and perform on their own behalf in maintaining life, health and well being.

Dorothea Orem (1980)

1-Explain the author’s views on who the nurse is?
      Nurse is concerned with the individuals need for self-care action

2-What nursing actions are?
      The practice of activities that individuals initiate and perform on their own behalf in maintaining life, health and well being.

3-Who it is that receives nursing?
      Nursing care is received by individual who have problem in performing self care activities.

Nursing is an art and science that is humanistic and humanitarian and directed toward the unitary human and is concerned with the nature and direction of human development.

Martha E. Rogers (1984)

1-Explain the author views on who the nurse is?
      Nurse is a person who is concerned with the nature and direction of human development.

Nursing actions are concerned with nature and direction of human development directed toward the unitary human.

Unitary human.

The unique function of the nurse is to assist the individual, sick or well, in the performance of those activities contributing to health or its recovery (or to a peaceful death) that he would perform unaided if he had the necessary strength, will or knowledge. And to do this in such a way as to help him gain independence as rapidly as possible.

1-Explain the author views on who the nurse is?
      Thee nurse is a person who is assists the individual, sick or well, in the performance of those activities contributing to health or its recovery (or to a peaceful death) that he would perform unaided if he had the necessary strength, will or knowledge.

To assist the individual, sick or well, in the performance of those activities contributing to health or its recovery, (or peaceful death).
      To help him gain independence as rapidly as possible.

Individuals, sick or well, are the people receiving nursing care.
    • nice assignment you have there dear brother. Nursing is really a highly respected prefection due to the great role nurses play in our life. They are the so called the angles of mercy,|e arent they

Here is something to show you what a stressful job nursing is and why everyone should have all respect for nurses|a

[/ALIGN]

[TABLE='width:70%;'][CELL='filter: glow(color=red,strength=5);']
      A Day in the Life of a Nurse
      Physically exhausted, emotionally drained,
      my body goes numb as it deals with the pain.
      As I walk to my car, thinking back on my day,
      I turn to look back as though I've something to say.
      But the silence is deafening, the air quickly chills,
      and time, for the moments, becomes terribly still.
      I'm left there standing as though frozen in time;
      the events from the day slowly flash through my mind.

I began my day watching as she drew her last breath,
      then comforted her family in mourning her death.
      I stopped and I listened as the chaplain quietly prayed,
      my eyes swelled with tears when they took her away.
      With the passing of Rosie still fresh in my mind,
      I glance at my watch and see I'm two hours behind.
      Yet no one will know how my morning began,
      just that the wait was too long for that needed bedpan.

There were phone calls and call lights, treatments and meds,
      questions from families about what the doctor has said.
      Then as I'm placed on hold, calling stat consults,
      I'm told the lab's on hold with some critical results.
      But before I have time to complete either call,
      a patient climbs from his bed and takes a bad fall.
      More phone calls and call lights, new treatments and meds,
      now it's the doctors who want to know what the family has said.

The patient in 20 is demanding more pain meds.
      The patients in 30 is demanding to go back to bed.
      There's an IV pump alarming, "infusion complete,"
      as I explain to the family why he's not able to eat.
      Lost in this maze of demands on my time,
      the passing of Rosie is still on my mind.
      Though the smell of her death is still in her room,
      I'm to get a new admission in sometime around noon.

I guess the rest of my day went pretty much the same,
      and thinking I may have made a difference eases my pain.
      There are some days that are better, some that are worse,
      very few understand the demands on a nurse.
      I'm physically exhausted, emotionally drained,
      but I'll be back tomorrow to do it again.
      But as I turn to leave, I feel a warm rush of air,
      perhaps it is Rosie saying "Thanks for being there."
      [/CELL][/TABLE]

TIM HOLLOWAY, RN