Hijab might be difficult, otherwise, I am ready to accept Islam

تمر دردشة الساحة الخاصة بالمتصفح والموبايل بفترة صيانة دورية هذا ونعتذر للجميع على الإنقطاع المؤقت بإمكانكم المشاركة في المنتدى لحين عودتها :)

• Hijab might be difficult, otherwise, I am ready to accept Islam

Laura United Kingdom

Title Hijab might be difficult, otherwise, I am ready to accept Islam

Question I am a non-muslim but am very keen to embrace Islam. However I do not feel strong enough to wear the hijab and feel unhappy to change my name because I know it would upset my parents, who are as yet unaware of my intentions. I feel strongly enough about the main aspects of Islam to be happy and confident in my decision except for these particular issues.
      Since all the Muslims I know are of Asian descent it is very likely that other Muslims may find it difficult to accept me into their community if I do not "look" like a Muslim because of not wearing hijab. I would like to be recognised as a Muslim, but do not feel strong enough to wear hijab although I observe modesty in all other aspects.
      I really do wish to begin my life as a Muslim and am eager to join my Muslim friends during Ramadan. Do you think it is better that I postpone this commitment of my life until I feel ready to wear hijab and be recognised for my faith?

Name of Counsellor IslamOnline Counseling Team

Topic Want to revert to Islam

Answer
      May Allah continue to guide your heart towards Islam. Allah Most High guides whom He wills and you are being guided to accept Islam. Please do not delay the decision to accept Islam for the following reasons:
      1) Once you come to know the truth about Islam, you should do your best to declare your submission to Allah lest you die as a non-Muslim.
      2) Accepting Islam will wipe away all of your past sins and allow you to begin life anew, in a pure state.
      3) This is the month of Ramadan, and you would have the added blessings of accepting Islam and practicing praying and fasting during this blessed month!
      You have some very legitimate concerns and we want to address them now. First, you do not have to change your name unless your name, either first or last has meanings in any language that would be against Islamic beliefs such as associating creation with God. For example, names referring to gods of Greek mythology would not be acceptable. It is not a requirement that you change your name when you become a Muslim although some people adopt an unofficial name from the Islamic tradition. In your case, you could choose an unofficial name from those among the pious women of Islamic history such as Maryam (mother of Jesus, peace be upon him), and Aisha (wife of the Prophet, peace be upon him). Again, this is not a requirement.
      Second, although wearing the hijab right away would be the most ideal way to go, if you feel your circumstances would not allow such an immediate transition, then continue to dress modestly in the meantime. When you go to the Islamic center or masjid, wear the hijab. You can remove it when you are in the company of your parents if that helps you for now.
      Third, with regards to looking like a Muslim, we urge you not to feel pressured to dress and look like the "Asian" Muslims who you know. Islam has broad guidelines with regard to dress and various cultures have adopted those guidelines to suit their local climates and traditions. Be creative with your dress as long as it is not see through, it is loose-fitting, and covers your body except the face and hands.
      Finally, we urge you to pace yourself in learning Islam. Do your best in learning how to pray and memorize at least the smaller chapters of the Qur'an for use during Ramadan. Fast during the month of Ramadan as soon as you have learned the rituals associated with fasting. Try to let your inner instinct guide you in terms of keeping Islamic teachings separate from the cultural traditions of the Muslims who will help you in learning about Islam. Refer to books like "Islam in Focus" and "Islam the Natural Way" for explanation of the basic beliefs. Of course your main reference should be the Qur'an, try the Abdullah Yusuf Ali translation. Write back to us and tell us how you are doing via our email: cybercounselor@islam-online.net
      Thanks. And we look forward to hearing that you accepted Islam during the blessed month of Ramadan!

copied from balooshy.com
    • [TABLE='width:70%;'][CELL='filter: dropshadow(color=burlywood,offx=4,offy=4);']
      Thanks alot for this good topic

Best regards
      [/CELL][/TABLE]
      أكتب ما اشعر به وأقول ما أنا مؤمن به انقل هموم المجتمع لتصل الي المسئولين وفي النهاية كلنا نخدم الوطن والمواطن
    • "Why do Muslim women have to cover their heads?" This question is one which is asked by Muslim and non-Muslim alike. For many women it is the truest test of being a Muslim.

The answer to the question is very simple - Muslim women observe HIJAB (covering the head and the body) because Allah has told them to do so.

"O Prophet, tell your wives and daughters and the believing women to draw their outer garments around them (when they go out or are among men). That is better in order that they may be known (to be Muslims) and not annoyed..." (Qur'an 33:59)

The word "hijab" comes from the Arabic word "hajaba" meaning to hide from view or conceal. In the present time, the context of hijab is the modest covering of a Muslim woman. The question now is what is the extent of the covering? The Qur'an says:

"Say to the believing man that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that will make for greater purity for them; and Allah is well acquainted with all that they do. And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; and that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what must ordinarily appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands..." (Qur'an 24:30-31)
      These verses from the Qur'an contain two main injunctions:

A woman should not show her beauty or adornments except what appears by uncontrolled factors such as the wind blowing her clothes, and
      the head covers should be drawn so as to cover the hair, the neck and the bosom.

|a|a|a

Nice topic dear bro and keep it up