Choice or Chance

    • Choice or Chance



      When we meet the right person to love, when we're at the right place at the right time, that's chance.

      When you meet someone you're attracted to, that's not a choice. That's chance.

      Being caught up in a moment (and there are a lot of couples who get together because of this) is not a choice. That's also a chance.

      The difference is what happens afterwards. When will you take that infatuation, that crush, that mind-blowing attraction to the next level? That's when all sanity goes back, you sit down and contemplate whether you want to make this into a concrete relationship or just a fling.

      If you decide to love a person, even with his faults, that's not a chance. That's choice.

      When you choose to be with a person, no matter what, that's choice.

      Even if you know there are many people out there who are more attractive, smarter, and richer than your mate, and yet, you decide to love your mate just the same, that's choice.

      Infatuation, crushes, and attraction come to us by chance. But true love that lasts is truly a choice. A choice that we make.

      Regarding soulmates, there's a beautiful movie quote that I believe is so true about this: "Fate brings you together, but it's still up to you to make it happen."

      I believe that soulmates do exist, that there is truly someone made for you. But it's still up to you to make the choice if you're going to do something about it or not.

      We may meet our soulmates by chance, but loving and staying with our soulmate is still a choice we have to make.

      We came to the world not by finding someone perfect to love, BUT to learn how to love an imperfect person perfectly.
    • Let me be the first who comments on this.
      First of all, the topic is very touchy and you said it with a lovely way too. Yes, we have to make that choice. What I loved most is the part when you said that we should love our soul mates regardless of knowing that there are prettier, wealthier or smarter ones out there. When you are in love with someone, you don’t have even the time to look at others. Your eyes are full with your soul mate. Your heart has no space for others and all your senses are fully booked and reserved for one person ,for you.

      Guys
      Love each other because with love we only have a chance to change and then make a different kind of generation….


      Have fun…
      The ghost
    • Thank you dear ZeeR, and welcome
      We are different here in the English forum, we differ, we meet, we argue, have rows and fights, and all proved positive for the interest of the discussion and our brotherly relations and ties

      Please let us more of you, promise

      Thanks agaon for the nice words though I do not agree with you saying "when we decide to love", I believe we do not decide such thing and love cannot be a chance or a choice
      And I repeat myself saying we FALL in love, and I guess no one wishes to fall

      if it was a choice ever I would go for the pretty, healthy, wealthy, and smart kind of person

      Sorry dear but I have the feelin you put us in front of contradictions here, You know what I mean

      Sorry if I missed the idea

      Regards
      10derness
      :rolleyes:



    • ZeeR.... wonderfull words you chose there!

      The painful part is, when you "choose" to live your life by chances, take one.. and leave one, waiting for another chance that could be better. When actullay its in our hands to make the choice of good or bad.

      making choices (and commitments) is overwhelming, because then YOU are responsible for your choice you made.
      But leaving our lives to be led by chance and fate.... is less stressfull .. and more open to whatever life might brings you........ and you can always blame FATE for your life if it went wrong....