ADD YOUR NEW WORD

    • eL3aJoOoZ_NaWaR كتب:


      and I was wondering why the saha is so mnawrah :) happy to see your name flashing again in the forum dear.. You've been missed really!!i

      The last character is 'E' so I would go for engineering

      1. it has two forms:

      a. The application of scientific and mathematical principles to practical ends such as the design, manufacture, and operation of efficient and economical structures, machines, processes, and systems.

      b. The profession of or the work performed by an engineer.

      2. the second one i: Skillful maneuvering or direction: geopolitical engineering; social engineering.
      The last one is G




      :) Oh dear Nawar.... 9arli zaman Wallah

      mnawarah beekum $$e

      Question!! ~!@q

      is there a rule for how this is going on?!!! bcoz, I thought all we have to do is add on a word that might seem new to me or feel like is not so commonly used here!!!

      so long :)
    • endurance كتب:

      :) Oh dear Nawar.... 9arli zaman Wallah

      mnawarah beekum $$e

      Question!! ~!@q

      is there a rule for how this is going on?!!! bcoz, I thought all we have to do is add on a word that might seem new to me or feel like is not so commonly used here!!!

      so long :)


      Hala dear endurance I reckon you are back in Oman now.. ya 7a'9ek :P I tried to get you so many times, I assumed that you are back anyway. Hope you are doing fine dear.. Its better if we open a new thread and catch up because I know i cant get you easily.. hehe

      No the rule is to add a word and it's meaning and the next person should add a word that has the last letter of the previous word..

      For example, when ended with the word Globe, so the next word to be added has to start with 'E' and include its meaning
    • eL3aJoOoZ_NaWaR كتب:


      Hello people, you are really adding wonderful words BUT

      the rule is to add a word and it's meaning and the next person should add a word that has the last letter of the previous word..

      For example, when ended with the word Globe, so the next word to be added has to start with 'E' and include its meaning



      hay Nawar
      I guess that you are the wrong $$t
      Because the rule of this subject is to add our new word whicg we learned recently
      and You could go to the first page and see how is the rule of this topic

      I just want to let you know that because i have already add some new words in this topic

      I have to go now

      I will come back soon inshallah |a
    • Whisper كتب:

      ADD YOUR NEW WORDS

      Hi to all and hope that all of you are still have the same enthusiasm to learn English and improve it through English Section. Of course, all of us know that collecting vocabulary as much as you can is very important to learn English but how we can memorize the new words. So, I decided to collect all our new words in this topic. For example, you may find a new word through reading one of English section's topics, or hearing it from TV or anywhere else. Consequently, all what you have to do is just to come and put your new word in this topic so you could share it also with others. Besides that, whenever you English section come and open the topic to see your new words and the words that other members will put here also. As a result, this way can help you to know more words and develop your English. I hope that all of you will enjoy and heave a benefit through this topic. So let us create our own dictionary.


      I just went to check if the rule is correct or not

      And yes, the rule is to add your new word #j
    • Wallah it looks Scream has something in mind, giving a warning :P to Mrs. Unfaithful at the discussion room and here too, I do not know #i what to call it
      I better run and hide, only yesterday released from the hospital

      Anyway
      I related Earth to Ground and Floor thinking back how the three words mean
      In Arabic Language

      Here are some of the meanings of those words taken from some dictionary
      EARTH
      The land surface of the world
      The softer, friable part of land; soil, especially productive soil
      The third planet from the sun
      The realm of mortal existence; the temporal world
      The human inhabitants of the world Worldly affairs and pursuitsEveryday life
      The substance of the human body; clay
      The lair of a burrowing animal

      GROUND
      The solid surface of the earth
      The floor of a body of water, especially the seaSoil; earth: level the ground for a lawn
      An area of land designated for a particular purpose
      The land surrounding or forming part of a house or another building
      A surrounding area; a background The foundation for an argument, a belief, or an action; a basis
      A large conducting body, such as the earth or an electric circuit connected to the earth,used as an arbitrary zero of potential

      FLOOR
      The surface of a room on which one stands
      The lower or supporting surface of a structureA story or level of a buildingThe occupants of such a story
      A level surface or area used for a specified purposeThe surface of a structure on which vehicles travel
      The part of a legislative chamber or meeting hall where members are seated and from which they speak
      The right to address an assembly, as granted under parliamentary procedure
      The body of assembly members: a motion from the floor
      The part of a retail store in which merchandise is displayed and sales are made
      The area of a factory where the product is manufactured or assembled
      The ground or lowermost surface, as of a forest or oceanA lower limit or base
    • amalsami كتب:

      The word RECKON:
      Is a word I learnt here some time ago. Spoken specially according to my dictionary, and it is a British vocab.

      meaning: to think that something is a fact, or have a particular opinion about something.

      Used in conjunction with pronouns the meaning changes slightly

      Nice word to look up

      :)


      reckon has the same meaning in the context:
      I think, I guess, I reckon

      Thanks amalsami, i love that word because it keeps me attached to a land that i love so much

    • Civilisation or Civilization
      in arabic it means حضارات

      in english it means according to the American Heritage Dictionary:

      1. An advanced state of intellectual, cultural, and material development in human society, marked by progress in the arts and sciences, the extensive use of record-keeping, including writing, and the appearance of complex political and social institutions.

      2. The type of culture and society developed by a particular nation or region or in a particular epoch: Mayan civilization; the civilization of ancient Rome.

      3. The act or process of civilizing or reaching a civilized state.

      4. Cultural or intellectual refinement; good taste.

      5. Modern society with its conveniences: returned to civilization after camping in the mountains.

    • Lavender

      Is the new word that I learned recently

      Lavender is a member with us #j

      Yesterday, i heard this word while i was watching Opra Programm and
      The woman who is an actress was talking about her favorite color which is LAVENDER

      i also checked the meaning of lavender in the dictionary and i found
      it a kind of flower..

      I am glad that i heard it yesterday for i will never forget it.. :P

      Where are you Lavender? Come here because i am talking about you #e
    • Scream كتب:

      Lavender

      Is the new word that I learned recently

      Lavender is a member with us #j

      Yesterday, i heard this word while i was watching Opra Programm and
      The woman who is an actress was talking about her favorite color which is LAVENDER

      i also checked the meaning of lavender in the dictionary and i found
      it a kind of flower..

      I am glad that i heard it yesterday for i will never forget it.. :P

      Where are you Lavender? Come here because i am talking about you #e


      LoL Scream, told ya that you are a funny dude.. Yesterday I was playing with few Lavender flowers and this is the season in Australia where they all grow in purple, and there is Jakeranda, not sure of the spelling but there is a park with Lavender and Jakeranda that makes the whole park turn into purple only and I remember when I first came here in Australia it was October and the farm looks absolutely stunning and gorgeous.. they really smell beautiful and I always use my airfreshner for years that has Lavender smell

      The word I add today is: Good day = G'day
      مصطلح استرالي يستخدمونه لمن يسلمون على احد بدل ما يقولون هااااي او هلوو يقولون ج"داي

      It means hello or hi in the australian way :D I guess I will start telling you guys about the Australia slang here :P

      Cheers
    • eL3aJoOoZ_NaWaR كتب:


      LoL Scream, told ya that you are a funny dude.. Yesterday I was playing with few Lavender flowers and this is the season in Australia where they all grow in purple, and there is Jakeranda, not sure of the spelling but there is a park with Lavender and Jakeranda that makes the whole park turn into purple only and I remember when I first came here in Australia it was October and the farm looks absolutely stunning and gorgeous.. they really smell beautiful and I always use my airfreshner for years that has Lavender smell

      The word I add today is: Good day = G'day
      مصطلح استرالي يستخدمونه لمن يسلمون على احد بدل ما يقولون هااااي او هلوو يقولون ج"داي

      It means hello or hi in the australian way :D I guess I will start telling you guys about the Australia slang here :P

      Cheers


      I am now so excited to see this lavender $ ( Where are you lavender) ~!@n

      It will be lovely to learn Australian so i could have some background about Australians when I visite it in future inshallah :P
    • Scream كتب:

      I am now so excited to see this lavender $ ( Where are you lavender) ~!@n

      It will be lovely to learn Australian so i could have some background about Australians when I visite it in future inshallah :P


      LoL Lavender, you dont have to learn Australian, it's a normal english except that they say things differently :) I would rather call it the Australian Slang

      Cheers
    • Truce is the new word that i just learned yesterday.

      The line of Truce means if your country in a war with another country , or if your country is occupied by another country like the situation in Palastine, there is a particulare area called Line of Truce AND AFTER THIS AREA there is no shotting or fighting. It is like a place of peace..

      So truce means هدنه |a